The Circle Maker Devotions for Kids by Mark Batterson

Mark Batterson is one of my favorite authors. I enjoyed The Circle Maker for adults so I was excited to see The Circle Maker Devotions for Kids. This book did not disappoint me either.

There are 100 devotions in The Circle Maker Devotions for Kids which is written and designed for children ages eight and up. The book starts off with the story of Honi the circle maker who drew a circle in the sand and didn't budget until God answered his prayer. Batterson also tells the story of the Israelites marching circles around Jericho in one of the first few devotions. Throughout the book, each devotion is designed to inspire readers to pray more and to trust that God will answer their prayers in bigger ways than they can imagine.

I especially like this devotional. The Circle Maker Devotions for Kids would be really nice to use as a family or as an individual for children learning to have their own prayer times. Each reading is focused on the a Scripture from the Bible and offers solid Biblical advice and encouragement to pray and trust God. I also like that it is really a prayer journal. At the end of each devotion, there is a short prayer to pray, then there is room to write your own prayer. I also like the bright, eye-catching cover and it is beautifully designed inside too. I highly recommend it!


I received this book from the publisher, ZonderKidz. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman