Begin Again by Leeana Tankersley

St. Benedict is quoted as saying, "Always we begin again."  Leeana Tankersley refers to this quote extensively throughout Begin Again.

Begin Again is divided into four parts: Too Tight, Brave in the Becoming, Holy Awakening and On the Other Wise of Surrender. She shares parts of her life and her heart throughout the book. Everyday throughout her journey she shares how she begins again and looks to God for her inspiration through the day and through her life.

I could relate to some of the author's stories and appreciated her honesty and realness. Throughout the book, she touched my heart and soul. Although, after awhile, as I was reading Begin Again, I started to feel more melancholy right along with the author as she shared some sad parts of her life. Then I began to feel a bit down rather than lifted up. Tankersley does share practical ways to begin again in the reader's life through stories from other real women and how they relax, gather courage and begin again anew each day when they need to. Those practical tips were probably my favorite part of Begin Again and I liked that the book ended on a helpful note.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman