Never Unfriended by Lisa-Jo Baker


Sitting down to read my copy of Never Unfriended by Lisa-Jo Baker was like sitting down with a friend over a hot cup of tea/coffee and sharing heart-to-heart. This book was real, honest and it made me think about how I want to do friendship.

Never Unfriended is divided into five sections: What Are We Afraid of? What Can't we Do About it? What Can We Do about it? and Where do we start? In the introduction, Baker shares that this book is your friend so you can start reading anywhere that you feel it well help you best. I started at the beginning because I just feel like I am so lost after a move I had to just go back to square one. And that was a good place for me because the first chapter starts with talking about Friendship PTSD. I am sure this mid-life woman could be a poster child for Friendship PTSD. I used to have many friends, and make friends easily, but these days it doesn't come as easy. After several moves and several friendship wounds, I have been limping along the friendship path and dragging a load of stuff behind me.

I especially liked how Baker shared from her heart and told us readers how she made friends through her various moves and how she was reluctant at first to reach out as the new person. She also shares how she went through challenges that taught her that we need to share our real stuff with each other and not just smile and say we are fine all the time.

I couldn't read Never Unfriended quickly though. I had to read and set it down and think about what I read to apply it to my life and then pick it back up again. I have read several books on friendship and I honestly think this is the best one for the world we live in today with our busy lives and our social media tribes. Baker speaks to all of that and shares real ways to make real-life friends right where you are at today. If you have Friendship PTSD like I do, I would encourage you to get a copy and start reading.

I received this book from Broadman and Holman Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman