Invitation by Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt, and Alton Gansky



Invitation is a compilation of four stories in the new Harbingers series. Bill Myers, Frank Peretti, Angela Hunt and Alton Gansky each write an "episode" of the book from a different characters point of view. In Invitation, we meet Brenda, the tattoo artist who sees things in the future; The Professor, a former priest turned atheist; Andi, the professor's geeky assistant who has a gift for seeing patterns; and Tank, the football player with a big heart and a gift for healing.

Each of these four characters in Invitation share adventures where good is battling evil of some sort. The first story, The Call,  involves a weird psychic school. The second story, The Haunted, involves a creepy house that moves around. In the third story, The Sentinels, unexplainable deaths of animals are being reported all over the world. The fourth story, The Girl,  revolves around a mysterious tiny, barefoot girl.

Supernatural Suspense books aren't my usual genre of books to read. However, I have read books by three out of the four of these authors and enjoyed them so I had to give this book a try. Invitation was a quick read for me and I enjoyed the book. My favorite two stories were the last two because they were a little less creepy. As a whole, Invitation reminded me of the days I spent reading Nancy Drew and watching Scooby Doo. I enjoyed the mystery in these stories. I also found the characters to all be interesting and believable for who they were cast as. I would recommend Invitation to anyone enjoying suspense, mystery and adventure. I am looking forward to the next book.

I received Invitation from Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman