NKJV Journal the Word Bible Large Print from Thomas Nelson



Bible Art Journaling has been a hobby of mine for the past 2 years. I enjoy being able to creatively reflect God's Word back to Him. If you are considering that hobby, this NKJV Journal The Word Bible in large print would be a great one to get.

The NKJV Journal The Word Bible in large print is available in some beautiful cover options, including this nice fabric floral, as well as plainer covers. It has a more easily read 10 point typeface with nice, wide margins with light lines in a thicker, creamy-colored paper for art journaling, or just journaling in general. The words of Christ are in red.It has a beautiful sewn binding that lays flat with a ribbon marker. It is just very nice and still not real large to carry to church, although thicker than some other Bibles.



I think this Bible is beautiful inside and out. I like this Bible version and I especially like that it is red-letter. Other Journaling Bibles I have looked at were not. I also like that it is not real large even though it is large print so it is easier to carry and travel with. It measures roughly 8 inches by 6 1/2 inches and is 2 inches thick. I have the Inspire Bible in Large Print (Tyndale) and it is considerably larger at 10 inches by 7 1/2 inches and is still 2 inches thick. It is a nice Bible for journaling with more journaling space since it is larger but is fairly large to travel with. The pages of the NKJV Jouranl the Word Bible are thicker than regular Bibles and comparable to the Inspire Bible. I think that if the pages are treated with gesso as recommended in some of the journaling tutorials I have seen that there would not be any bleed through. However, without that, there could be some bleed through with markers. I prefer to use colored pencils in my Bible journaling so it is not an issue for me. The cover is cloth and may show some wear or dirt, but I think if it were also treated with a protective gesso type coating (I am looking into this), that it would be fine and last for a long time. All in all, this is just a beautiful Bible for art journaling, or just journaling. I would highly recommend it.

I received this Bible from Thomas Nelson. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman