The Domino Effect by Davis Bunn



The Domino Effect is definitely one of the more fast paced and intriguing books that I have read by Davis Bunn. It isn't my usual cup of tea. . .but I do think it was well done and if you like financial thrillers, it could be a good read for you.

Esther Larsen is a top risk analyst at one of the country's largest banks. Unfortunately her job is a stressful one and she has also uncovered some banking issues that add even more stress to her life. At first she bottles everything up. . .but gradually she opens up to some of her friends from church. From there, she has some of the support she needs to stand up and do something to help the global market situation. Esther is just one person. Can she make a difference?  You'll have to read this book to find out as I don't want to give away too much of the plot.

I don't usually read books that cover this type of subject matter. . .I usually read more relaxing fiction books because I like to read fiction to relax before I go to bed. The Domino Effect was an intense fiction book for my tastes. . .and as a result I had to read it a bit more slowly. I also feel like our global financial situation could actually be similar to that of this book as I read in the news that a financial collapse is coming. That being said, I thought this book was well done. While I am in no way an expert in the subject matter of this book, it felt like Bunn did his research well.  I would recommend it if you like fast-paced books. Bunn is an excellent writer who does well with various subject matters and I do always find his books to be good even if they are a bit more challenging read, like this one.

I received this book from Bethany House Publishers. I was not required to write a review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman