In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson


In a Pit with  Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson is celebrating 10 years from it's original publication date. This newly released copy has some added bonus material along with the original book material. I have read several of Mark Batterson's books and found them to be just what I needed at the time. I didn't read this book the first time around for some unknown reason except that it is just what I needed to read now. As Batterson says of another reader,"God is never early, and He is never late! He's always right on time, His time!"

What lion is God calling you to chase? This book shares 7 different skills you will need if you want to be a lion chaser, that is if you want to be someone who boldly goes after what God is calling you to do even if it sounds like too big of a dream to chase. Batterson starts out the book by offering Biblical advice centered around the story of Benaiah chasing a lion in 2 Samuel 23:24-25. Throughout the rest of In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day, Batterson shares Biblical wisdom, stories from his life and stories from the lives of other Christians to encourage readers to not let their fears get in the way and to follow dreams and paths that God has designed for them.

I found In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day to be an interesting and easy book to read. I am not sure it will be so easy to catch my own lion in a pit, but I do know that I feel inspired to ask God what it is that He wants me to do next and to spend time close to Him listening for the answer. I would encourage you to read this book, if you haven't already, and do the same.

While I have read the Bible through more than once, this story didn't really stick with me until reading Batterson's book.

 I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

About Mark Batterson

Mark Batterson is the lead pastor of National Community Church, one church with eight campuses in Washington, DC. Mark’s newest book is, Chase the Lion, which releases September 6th, 2016. He is the New York Times best-selling author of The Circle Maker, and has also written a dozen other popular titles including If, Wild Goose Chase, and In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day. Mark has a doctor of ministry degree from Regent University and lives on Capitol Hill with his wife, Lora, and their three children. Learn more at www.markbatterson.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman