Prescription for Natural Cures (3rd Edition)by Mark Stengler, James F.Balch and Tobin Young Balch



Prescription for Natural Cures is a great reference for holistic treatments and natural remedies for the health problems that one encounters. The cover states this book is a self-care guide for treating health problems with natural remedies including diet, nutrition, supplements and other holistic methods. We have an HSA for our health care needs so we often try to heal simple health issues ourselves before heading to the doctor. While you may also choose to talk to a physician or other healthcare provider about these issues, this book offers helpful ways to pursue healing along with a doctor's advice or it may also give you information you can discuss with your doctor.

Prescription for Natural Cures is so handy to have around, although it is a thick reference manual at 835 pages. It is easy to use with conditions organized alphabetically from A to Z. There are over 200 conditions referenced in this book.It is up-to-date with the latest information from natural health research and current treatment recommendations.

Part One covers conditions referenced in this book. Included among the many listed are athlete's foot, common cold, Gout, Hives, Muscle aches and cramps, sprains and strains, and warts among many others. Much to my chagrin, I found I had a wart about 3 weeks ago, I used this book to look up some treatment ideas to save a trip to the doctor for a simple healthcare issue. I used the homeopathic treatment, Thuja, in both ointment and pellets and my wart is almost completely gone. I could literally see it working in my case.

Part 2 of this reference manual offers "The Essentials of Natural Medicine." I recently used it to look up information on acupuncture for an injury I have. Through this book, I learned how acupuncture works and how to select a qualified acupuncturist. As a result, I will start treatments shortly with more knowledge. I appreciated all of the useful information in this book on the topic as I made a decision. The book also has information on other types of natural medical care and how they could be helpful depending on the issue that you are struggling with. There is information on aromatherapy, Acupuncture and Acupressure, Hydrotherapy, Natural Hormones, Herbal Medicine and Homeopathy, among other natural treatments.

I won a copy of this book from Turner Publishing. I chose to write a review because I just think this is a great reference manual and could be helpful to anyone. I highly recommend every household have one on hand.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman