Wellth by Jason Wachob



Wellth is truly a wealth of holistic health tidbits(pun intended). I subscribed to MindBodyGreen for a long time so I was familiar with this website that author Jason Wachob founded. I enjoyed their brief articles geared to helping readers improve their health in all areas. Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Resume is part health information from MindBodyGreen experts and part autibiographical information from author Jason Wachob.

This book is divided into chapters with titles: Eat, Move, Work, Believe, Explore, Breathe, Feel, Love, Heal, Thank, Ground, Live, and Laugh. It offers a broad holistic look at all of these areas of our lives with some tidbits to help readers improve those areas. In fact, at the end of each chapter, there are a few summary ideas to take and apply to your own life. At the same time, in each of these categories, Wachob shares some of his own story of how he has grown or made improvements in his own life. While my life and Wachob's life stories are vastly different, I found I could relate to some of what he was sharing and I could learn from him. Some our stories weren't all that different too, as I find like Wachob, that I also heal best with a mix of Western medicine with some alternative medicine mixed in. The stories he shared felt like something you would glean from a friend over a cup of coffee. Grab a copy of Wellth, take away what you need and come away refreshed at having spent time together with Wachob.

I personally liked this mix of personal stories and health tidbits in Wellth. For me it worked well and was a quick, enjoyable read. I would recommend it to anyone. There are also several quotes throughout the book that were uplifting to read by many of my favorite health experts. At the end, I felt both encouraged to tackle some of my own health challenges and uplifted by this information.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Author Information:
JASON WACHOB is the Founder and CEO of mindbodygreen, the leading independent media company dedicated to health and happiness with 15 million monthly unique visitors.  He has been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, and Vogue. Jason has a BA in history from Columbia University, where he played varsity basketball for four years. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife, and loves German Shepherds, Chuck Taylors, and guacamole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman