The Longing In Me by Sheila Walsh



The Longing In Me touched my heart deeply. This very personal book from Sheila Walsh is one of her best, I think.

In The Longing In Me, Sheila shares some of the personal parts of her story that she has not shared before in her books. I found her story to touch parts of my story as I could relate to many of the things she shared even though my story is different than hers. I think this book would touch many women's hearts as she opens up and shares from her heart. As always, in the midst of her sharing, she brings her relationship with Christ in with her story. . .and by doing so encourages me to keep living each day for Christ in the midst of my own hard things. She also relates the story of David and his life as we know if from the Bible to her story. . .and again, to many of our stories. She brings David's story to life and helps me see him as a real person and not just a Bible character. As she weaves her story and David's story together through the book, I am reminded of how we can all long to be people after God's own heart and still make mistakes at times. At times we crave something from this life that isn't the best for us, when we are really longing for God's heart. God uses our earthly longings and mistakes to teach us, to help us grow, and to minister to others if we choose to let him.

The Longing In Me is highly readable. . .and it was difficult for me to put it down. It was a compelling read for me. I highly recommend it to anyone, but especially to those with hurts in their past or upbringing.. .hurts that may be leading you to long for the wrong things in this life.

I received an electronic version of this book from Thomas Nelson. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman