Pressing Pause by Karen Ehman and Ruth Schwenk



I know some days I just want to press pause on life. I imagine most of us do have those days. It seems like most of us juggle some sort of hectic day in our modern world. Add to that a dose of guilt for not reading God's Word and I am left feeling tight in the shoulders and stressed. Pressing Pause is the answer for time with God in the midst of your hectic life.

Karen Ehman and Ruth Schwenk have written devotional readings that are down to earth and easy to relate to. For example, I know I can relate to occasionally envying those I follow on social media when it seems they have perfect days. Karen's devotional, "The Joneses are Overrated," hit home with me the other day. Another example that I could relate to as someone who recently moved is Ruth's "Creating Community." Each devotional has a Bible verse, a short story/essay to relate to, a prayer, and a question or two to help you relate it to your life. There is also space to write the answers down so you can look back at them later and so you can continue to pray about those things in your own life. I know my days go much better when I start them with some time alone with God.On those days when my son was up early and that wasn't possible, it still helped to pull out a devotional and a Bible and get some God time in the midst of those stressful days.

Both of the authors regularly minister to women. Karen Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker. Ruth Schwenk is a pastor's wife who created, TheBetterMom.com. These ladies know how to relate to women and it shows in their writing. This book would be great for any woman, really any age or stage in life, wanting a new devotional. Since it doesn't have dates on the readings, it is one that could be started at any time during the year. It would make a great gift for a tired out mom. The cover is also beautiful! I could see myself putting this in a gift basket along with a coffee shop gift card and some other personal items for a personal time out. I highly recommend it.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman