Bible Review: NIV Life Journey Bible with Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend



The NIV Life Journey Bible exceeded my expectations when I received a hard copy to review. It is a beautiful Bible with dark print. I especially liked that it was easy for me to read although the print is not too big.

I have been making changes towards growing in emotional wholeness over the past few years. The sub-title on the bright eye-catching cover of this Bible "Find the answers for your Whole Life" caught my eye. This Bible offers helps in addition to the Bible text to help you stay on track for emotional and relational health. There are "Insights" on various pages from the doctors that share glimpses into Scripture to show how it can bring emotional growth and development.  There are profiles of Bible characters like David, Esther and Paul which illustrate life lessons from their lives that support emotional and spiritual health. Themes of emotional health and wellness are also highlighted in the Book instructions before each book. Various essays are also included throughout the Bible dealing with various topics: How Should we Deal With Guilt and Shame? What Are Boundaries? and Why Do We Need Other People?

At the end of the Bible, reading plans, subject index and Where to Find it index are included. . .along with some blank lined pages to make your own notes and observations.

I have been working on making some changes in my life that I felt this Bible could be supportive I was. If you are looking for a Bible with supplemental information in it as you seek to live a better life, then I would recommend this one.

I received this book at no charge from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman